Krishna’s Butterball, Mamallapuram – the mystery, myths an...
ADMIN , November 3, 2020 , Comments Off on Krishna’s Butterball, Mamallapuram – the mystery, myths and the history
Visit the famous Butterball at the UNESCO World Heritage site of Mahabalipuram, also called Mamallapuram in South India, and listen to stories of how it came to be – the history and more interestingly, the many associated myths. Why is it called Krishna’s Butterball? How does this massive rock miraculously balance on a steep incline? What did the Pallava kings do with it? Here’s a story of one such monument that tells us about the evolution of scripts in these parts.
Ministry of Tourism: Stories of Chennai
ADMIN , December 6, 2020 , Comments Off on Ministry of Tourism: Stories of Chennai
Chennai was one of the earliest settlements of the East India Company in India. Colorful temples, grand colonial buildings, bustling markets, classical music and dance – there are many unique cultural encounters that a visitor can look forward to. Storytrails, in partnership with the Ministry of Tourism, presents “Stories of Chennai”. Join us on a virtual tour of this charming city and savor engrossing tales of its people, places and history.
- Alai Darwaza – Qutub Minar Complex, Delhi NOVEMBER 21, 2020
- Marking History through British buildings NOVEMBER 17, 2020
- The last great queen of Travancore NOVEMBER 7, 2020
- Brahmi and the evolution of scripts OCTOBER 15, 2020
- The Cambodian King of Kanchipuram OCTOBER 14, 2020
- James Prinsep – the man who read the writing on the wall OCTOBER 10, 2020
- Mariamman – the Village Goddess who travelled SEPTEMBER 30, 2020
- Misnamed Monuments of Mamallapuram SEPTEMBER 28, 2020
India Exists In Her Stories
Join us on a quest for these stories, on walking tours and day trips that zigzag through the very beat and pulse of the city and its many attractions.
We’ll show you the best places to visit and introduce you to the best things to do on your visit.