Ministry of Tourism: Exploring Pondicherry’s French quarter
ADMIN , December 2, 2020 , Comments Off on Ministry of Tourism: Exploring Pondicherry’s French quarter
Pondicherry in South India is the perfect place for a holiday – pretty beaches, cool sea breezes, cosy cafes and rich History. On this virtual tour, we will focus on the historically rich French Quarter. It is a picture perfect place, with its marigold coloured buildings draped in bright bougainvillea. In the days of the French, only the white people lived here, so it used to be called White Town. It was designed to resemble a European city, with its grid patterned streets and its parks. The colonial bungalows were quietly tucked away in the midst of colourful gardens. Storytrails, […]
- Alai Darwaza – Qutub Minar Complex, Delhi NOVEMBER 21, 2020
- Marking History through British buildings NOVEMBER 17, 2020
- The last great queen of Travancore NOVEMBER 7, 2020
- Brahmi and the evolution of scripts OCTOBER 15, 2020
- The Cambodian King of Kanchipuram OCTOBER 14, 2020
- James Prinsep – the man who read the writing on the wall OCTOBER 10, 2020
- Mariamman – the Village Goddess who travelled SEPTEMBER 30, 2020
- Misnamed Monuments of Mamallapuram SEPTEMBER 28, 2020
India Exists In Her Stories
Join us on a quest for these stories, on walking tours and day trips that zigzag through the very beat and pulse of the city and its many attractions.
We’ll show you the best places to visit and introduce you to the best things to do on your visit.