Why is Vivekananda Memorial called Ice House? Vivekananda House Museum...
TRAIL ADMIN , November 2, 2020 , Comments Off on Why is Vivekananda Memorial called Ice House? Vivekananda House Museum and Cultural centre, Chennai
How did the British deal with the unrelenting heat of Indian summers in the 1800s? This is a fascinating story from the history of an enterprising young American and his successful venture that brought much joy and relief to the British in India. This short video takes you to an unusual building at the Marina beach in Chennai – the Vivekanandar Illam.
Yale’s Chennai connection – St. Mary’s Church, Chenn...
TRAIL ADMIN , November 3, 2020 , Comments Off on Yale’s Chennai connection – St. Mary’s Church, Chennai, India
What connects Yale University in Connecticut with St. Mary’s Church in Chennai, India? Here’s an interesting story from history… Yale University is named after Elihu Yale, a Governor of Madras, India. But his professional and private lives were scandalous and he was eventually removed from the Governorship for his illegal trading. So why was Yale university named after him?
- Alai Darwaza – Qutub Minar Complex, Delhi NOVEMBER 21, 2020
- Marking History through British buildings NOVEMBER 17, 2020
- The last great queen of Travancore NOVEMBER 7, 2020
- Brahmi and the evolution of scripts OCTOBER 15, 2020
- The Cambodian King of Kanchipuram OCTOBER 14, 2020
- James Prinsep – the man who read the writing on the wall OCTOBER 10, 2020
- Mariamman – the Village Goddess who travelled SEPTEMBER 30, 2020
- Misnamed Monuments of Mamallapuram SEPTEMBER 28, 2020
India Exists In Her Stories
Join us on a quest for these stories, on walking tours and day trips that zigzag through the very beat and pulse of the city and its many attractions.
We’ll show you the best places to visit and introduce you to the best things to do on your visit.