Brahmi script: Decoding ancient Indian history | James Prinsep
ADMIN , October 30, 2020 , Comments Off on Brahmi script: Decoding ancient Indian history | James Prinsep
A 2000-year old Indian script was decoded and a fascinating new chapter was added to Indian History. India learnt about Emperor Ashoka, one of the greatest kings to have ever ruled over the subcontinent. This is the story of an ancient king who carved his edicts on rock faces and stone pillars across India. It is the story of an Englishman named James Prinsep, who was determined to read what these ancient inscriptions said. And this is the story of the decoding of Brahmi – the oldest readable Indian script and the mother script of most modern Indian scripts. You […]
- Alai Darwaza – Qutub Minar Complex, Delhi NOVEMBER 21, 2020
- Marking History through British buildings NOVEMBER 17, 2020
- The last great queen of Travancore NOVEMBER 7, 2020
- Brahmi and the evolution of scripts OCTOBER 15, 2020
- The Cambodian King of Kanchipuram OCTOBER 14, 2020
- James Prinsep – the man who read the writing on the wall OCTOBER 10, 2020
- Mariamman – the Village Goddess who travelled SEPTEMBER 30, 2020
- Misnamed Monuments of Mamallapuram SEPTEMBER 28, 2020
India Exists In Her Stories
Join us on a quest for these stories, on walking tours and day trips that zigzag through the very beat and pulse of the city and its many attractions.
We’ll show you the best places to visit and introduce you to the best things to do on your visit.