Storytrails | Shore Temple and Five Rathas – Audio tour
ADMIN , January 22, 2021 , Comments Off on Storytrails | Shore Temple and Five Rathas – Audio tour
This trail takes you to some of the most iconic sights in Mamallapuram – the Shore temple, the Five Rathas and the Tiger cave. Trace the history of temple building in South India as you explore this ancient port city. How did sculptors of the time build magnificent temples out of immovable rock? What do stone inscriptions tell us about the evolution of local languages? Take a closer look at these old monuments, and you will uncover the many myths and legends carved into their walls. Vengeful Goddesses, deceitful kings and awe-inspiring creatures: Mamallapuram has it all. Download the Storytrails […]
- Alai Darwaza – Qutub Minar Complex, Delhi NOVEMBER 21, 2020
- Marking History through British buildings NOVEMBER 17, 2020
- The last great queen of Travancore NOVEMBER 7, 2020
- Brahmi and the evolution of scripts OCTOBER 15, 2020
- The Cambodian King of Kanchipuram OCTOBER 14, 2020
- James Prinsep – the man who read the writing on the wall OCTOBER 10, 2020
- Mariamman – the Village Goddess who travelled SEPTEMBER 30, 2020
- Misnamed Monuments of Mamallapuram SEPTEMBER 28, 2020
India Exists In Her Stories
Join us on a quest for these stories, on walking tours and day trips that zigzag through the very beat and pulse of the city and its many attractions.
We’ll show you the best places to visit and introduce you to the best things to do on your visit.