Why do we celebrate Diwali? | The Festival of Lights
ADMIN , November 19, 2020 , Comments Off on Why do we celebrate Diwali? | The Festival of Lights
Diwali, the festival of lights, also known as Deepavali, is celebrated with great joy all across India. Lamps are lit, sweets prepared at home, and fire crackers are burst with great enthusiasm. But did you know that this festival is celebrated on different days, at different times and for different gods in different parts of India? India is a big and diverse country. Each part of the country has its own customs, myths, and ways of doing things. Is it any surprise that there are many stories associated with Diwali? In North India, Diwali celebrates King Rama’s return to Ayodhya. […]
- Alai Darwaza – Qutub Minar Complex, Delhi NOVEMBER 21, 2020
- Marking History through British buildings NOVEMBER 17, 2020
- The last great queen of Travancore NOVEMBER 7, 2020
- Brahmi and the evolution of scripts OCTOBER 15, 2020
- The Cambodian King of Kanchipuram OCTOBER 14, 2020
- James Prinsep – the man who read the writing on the wall OCTOBER 10, 2020
- Mariamman – the Village Goddess who travelled SEPTEMBER 30, 2020
- Misnamed Monuments of Mamallapuram SEPTEMBER 28, 2020
India Exists In Her Stories
Join us on a quest for these stories, on walking tours and day trips that zigzag through the very beat and pulse of the city and its many attractions.
We’ll show you the best places to visit and introduce you to the best things to do on your visit.