Misnamed Monuments of Mamallapuram
TRAIL ADMIN , September 28, 2020 , LEAVE A COMMENT
India is rich in monuments, and richer still in mythology. Sometimes the two get mixed up and confound even informed Indians. The Ramayana and Mahabharata are the most famous Indian epics. Over the centuries, these highly popular epics have been narrated, written and rewritten ever so often. The end result is that these epics have spawned many sequels, prequels, and quaint regional variants. In most Indian villages, you will find locals insisting that some real or apocryphal event from these epics happened right in their village. They are not trying to con you: these epics are so strong, that they […]
- Brahmi and the evolution of scripts OCTOBER 15, 2020
- The Cambodian King of Kanchipuram OCTOBER 14, 2020
- James Prinsep – the man who read the writing on the wall OCTOBER 10, 2020
- Mariamman – the Village Goddess who travelled SEPTEMBER 30, 2020
- Misnamed Monuments of Mamallapuram SEPTEMBER 28, 2020
- The Yale Controversy AUGUST 29, 2020
India Exists In Her Stories
Join us on a quest for these stories, on walking tours and day trips that zigzag through the very beat and pulse of the city and its many attractions.
We’ll show you the best places to visit and introduce you to the best things to do on your visit.